Saturday | February 5, 2022 | 9:30 -4 Green Gulch Farm and Zen Center Cost $140 Sold out! Please stay in touch and join me next year, in 2023
Why go on a day-long retreat?
1. All your needs for the day are met - lunch, snacks, tea are included. You just have to show up! 2. You love the land, the landscape, being in nature and it nurtures you. 3. To reconnect in person with fellow practitioners in a safe way and enjoy group energy. 4. Whether you are new to yoga or an experienced practitioner, it is a day devoted to self-care. All levels, ages and questions are welcome and encouraged.
Join me for a day-long retreat designed to relax, recharge and replenish. The day encompasses morning and afternoon yoga sessions that include hatha flow, vinyasa and restorative asanas incorporating alignment details, pranayama (breath) practice and some meditation.
A delicious organic, vegetarian lunch is included. There will be time after lunch to walk to Muir Beach, explore the gardens or read.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is Green Gulch? The Farm & Zen Center is located just a short drive north of the Golden Gate Bridge in Marin County. Surrounded by hundreds of acres of national parkland, Green Gulch is located in a serene valley that opens out to the Pacific. More detailed driving directions are here.
2. What should I bring? The weather can be foggy or brilliant sunshine; layers are encouraged. The Zen Center provides blankets, bolsters, blocks, and straps in Stillwater Hall, our retreat room. Suggested items:
your personal yoga mat and any special props that you'd like
suitable shoes for an optional 20-minute walk to the beach
something to read
$6 cash if you'd like to purchase a loaf of delicious home-made bread to take home.
3. What will the day be like? Please arrive by 9:15. Have a cup of tea as you settle in. We will be in Stillwater Hall, next to the beautiful Densho Bell.
9:30 - 12 Opening circle, hatha flow, pranayama, guided meditation 12 - 1:30 Lunch, followed by free time (option to walk to the beach). The first 10 minutes of lunch at Green Gulch are silent. 1:30 Sweet treats and tea 1:45 - 4 A more restorative focus, breath work, guided meditation, closing circle
4. When is payment due? Payment of $140 is due January 22nd and you'll receive further instructions from me as we get closer to that date.
5. I've never been on a yoga retreat before. Is this appropriate for me? Absolutely. This day is appropriate for all levels, all ages. Whether you are new to yoga and are curious about a retreat experience without making an overnight commitment or if you are a seasoned practitioner and yearn to be back on the land, in person, practicing with others, this is a day for self-care for all. And questions about poses, alignment and breath practices are always welcomed and encouraged!
6. I don't have a car. Can I ride with someone? Yes! Carpooling is encouraged. Email me if you have space in your car for others or if you need a ride and I'll help coordinate.
7. Will the room be crowded? No. I'm capping our group size at 13, including me. I believe smaller is better. With 12 students, there will be plenty of time for hands-on assistance for those that want that level of feedback from me as a teacher. While there is space for more mats on the floor in Stillwater Hall, a group size of 13 means we'll have plenty of room to spread out and lots of space between mats.
7. Are masks required? What about proof of vaccination? At this time, Green Gulch's protocol for COVID is vaccinations are required and masks required indoors if the county requires it. 8. What's the ventilation like? Stillwater Hall, our practice space, has two doors and many windows that we can open for ventilation and cross-breezes. Green Gulch itself if very open and spacious and set in a beautiful spot in nature. While we won't practice outdoors, stepping out for a cool breeze and (hopefully!) warm sunshine is literally out the door. Check out their website for more photos and descriptions.
9. Sign me up, this sounds wonderful! Registration is full, and you are welcome to join the wait list. Email me to reserve a wait list space today.